Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lisbon

Three flights and over 18 hours later we arrived in Portugal. FYI Heathrow airport is the WORST! We almost missed our connection to Portugal. But this city is absolutely beautiful. We are right on the coast and our hostel is in the center of the city. We explored today and saw the most beautiful cathedral I have ever seen thus far. For lunch we had bacalhau, a traditional cod dish. It is served with the skin as well as the bones. I have already taken 50 pictures and I will upload them soon. One of our roommates is from Rio de Janeiro and a photographer, she said that she wants to come to NYC next April, I told her that we could trade places for a week or two ;) The people here are so friendly and I can't wait to go on the tascas tour with the hostel guide Gee tonight, taste testing traditional Portuguese liquor as well as enjoying traditional music. Miss and love you all xo

1 comment:

  1. here is Evelyn's blog with some pics :) I will upload mine tomorrow.
    ev-followmyfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete