Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let me live...

Amsterdam hostels and the Eurail have just been booked, my excitement has heightened knowing that my biggest dream is steadily turning into a reality. The packing list has been initiated, the to do list is still untouched. My brain is about to explode thinking of what needs to be done in the next few weeks, but I need to solely focus on the hardest test of my life that I will battle with on Monday. It is currently 97 degrees in the dirty Jers, causing me to break a sweat on a brisk walk to the local deli and back. Forcing me to imagine gallivanting all over Europe with a 55 liter backpack that weighs approximately the same as a 5 year old toddler soaking wet. What am I thinking?!
Time to address several concerns and misconceptions about me and my adventure. NO, I have seen the movie Taken or Hostel,  I do not intend to. I am BACKPACKING as known as living out of backpack. Yes for two months, I will have to survive on what I can fit in a bag that I will carry on my back. I will post my packing list once it is finalized to give you all more of an idea of what this entails. Lastly, as much as my friends know me as Crazy Court, there is a time and a place to let this side of me shine. Unfortunately for Europe, but fortunately for my partner in crime, I intend to be on my best behavior.
Here is my home sweet home in Amsterdam....
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Durty-Nellys-Inn/Amsterdam/645

No comments:

Post a Comment